Student Senate election: Student Body Treasurer

Executive elections for the 30th session of Drake Student Senate have begun. Students will get a chance to elect four candidates to the four executive positions: Student Body Treasurer, Vice President of Student Life, Vice President of Student Activities and Student Body President.

Here is who has announced their candidacy for Student Body Treasurer:

Daniel Creese is a junior Finance major.

[box]”This role combines two of my two greatest passions: making a difference for others, and my major, finance. I have had the opportunity to serve on Student Senate for the past two years, first as the CBPA Senator and then the Outreach Senator-at-Large. Serving on Student Senate for two years, I am also very familiar with the procedures of our organization and, more importantly, how Senate funds other student organizations and what types of requests we’re allowed to fund. Treasurer is a position that takes time, organization, and responsibility. I feel my experience on Senate along with my major, and familiarity with financing through my major, internships, and campus positions make me well qualified to the job. I am a type of leader that not only just perform his job, but aims to improve and expand his role to ensure it is making the largest impact possible. With the ideas that I would like to implement in budgeting, financing, and reallocating, I want to make sure the every student gets the most out of what they pay for their Student Activity Fee.”[/box]
Noah Farrell is a sophomore Data Analytics and Marketing double major.
Treasurer candidate_ noahfarrellpicture (1)
[box] “I’ve been involved in Student Senate –through committees, proxy attendance, and now ex-officio positions, since my first semester at Drake. Sitting around the table this year as Parliamentarian,  I’ve seen a lot of motions; outside the meetings, I’ve made every effort to listen to students and organizations and hear their concerns. With the position of Treasurer, I would hope to make these the primary concerns of both Student Senate and SFAC. Personally, I hope to be able to grow as a student, a leader, and a peer to my fellow Drake students.”[/box]
John Stehwien is a sophomore Quantitative Economics and Data Analytics double major.
Treasurere candidate_JDDSC00846 (1)
[box]”During my time serving on the Student Fees Allocation Committee, I realized how important of a role the treasurer plays at Drake University. I have personally seen how talented and driven every organization on this campus is. I want to ensure that Senate is doing all that it can to benefit the students. I believe that my experiences will allow me to succeed in this role and help further develop the Treasurer position. I hope to be able to enhance my understanding of the different organizations on this campus. I want to assist in the creation of meaningful programming that will create more opportunities for the entire student body.”[/box]