Student Senate election: Vice President of Student Activities

Executive elections for the 30th session of Drake Student Senate have begun. Students will get a chance to elect four candidates to the four executive positions: Student Body Treasurer, Vice President of Student Life, Vice President of Student Activities and Student Body President.

Here are the candidates who have announced their candidacy for Vice President of Student Activities:

Nick Jenderko is a sophomore Health Sciences major.

VPSA_NickJenderkoTD pic (1)

[box]”I am strongly motivated to run for office because of the passions I have developed towards creating a sense of engagement and community through planning different activities on campus. Through serving as Campus Impact co-chair on SAB, I have witnessed the ability of diverse activities to positively impact many students. If elected, I hope to witness the benefits of fostering a stronger sense of community on campus. Additionally, by working more directly with several organizations on campus, I hope to develop an even greater appreciation for the variety of unique programming all groups have to offer. Lastly, by having the position of VPSA be more accessible to students as well as developing a better sense of unity on campus through fostering collaboration and cooperation, I hope to see a development of a better sense of quality over quantity when it comes to campus programs and ultimately decreasing the overall sense of over-programming on campus that many students experience.”[/box]