Security Reports 11/4/2010

October 27

4:58 p.m.

Security and police responded to a motor vehicle accident in the 2800 block of University Avenue based on report of a minor motor vehicle accident.  It was determined a female student and a female not associated with the University were involved in the minor accident.

October 28

12:48 p.m.

A female student reported her purse was stolen from Cowles Library when she left it unattended from 9:22 a.m. until 12:15 p.m. on October 28 in the computer lab area on the second floor.

2:45 p.m.

Two students reported mail being opened when they received it at Ross Residence Hall.  There was nothing missing from the envelopes.  A third student reported $50.00 was missing from an envelope she had received.  A police report was filed.

October 29

12:30 a.m.

Security responded to the west side of the Olmsted Center based on report of a male who appeared to have passed out and gotten up and was stumbling around.  The underage for drinking male who was not associated with the University appeared to be intoxicated.  Police were called and the subject was arrested for intoxication.

10:42 a.m.

A female student reported she had her purse stolen from her vehicle while it was parked in an off campus parking lot located in the 1300 block of 31st street between 2:00 and 11:00 a.m. on October 29.

5:09 p.m.

A security officer observed two males urinating on a wall at Ross Residence Hall.  One of the two escaped.  An underage for drinking male student remained.  He was cooperative and allowed to return to his own residence hall.

7:58 p.m.

Security received a call from a resident assistant requesting assistance in dealing with alcohol violations.  Nine students were found in a room and the room contained a large amount of alcohol.  The alcohol was emptied and the containers tossed.

October 30

10:33 p.m.

Security responded to the West Village based on report of a female who was intoxicated and had no idea as to her whereabouts.  She stated she was visiting from Missouri, was visiting friends at Drake, and wanted to go back home to Oklahoma.  It was determined she was an intoxicated underage for drinking female student with a fake Missouri Driver’s License that was confiscated.  She was sent to her room in Crawford Residence Hall and residence hall staff was notified.

October 31

1:01 a.m.

A resident assistant at Herriott Residence Hall advised that light shades and light bulbs were found damaged at two different times throughout the evening.

November 1

9:01 a.m.

A female staff member reported she received a phone call from a male who stated she was a suspect in a major law case and he wanted to verify the last four digits of her social security number.  He would not say who he was or who he was with so she hung up.  Security called the number and identified them and the caller hung up.  It is believed the caller was attempting to steal identity.

Photo: Heather Boone