Planning the perfect Valentine’s Day date doesn’t have to break the bank

STORY BY JORDAN GERMAN

MOVIE nights make great dates. PHOTO BY COURTNEY FISHMAN | EDITOR-IN-CHIEF

February 14th is fast approaching and causing many students more panic than finals week.

Those with significant others are struggling with the immense pressure that comes with planning the perfect date, while individuals without a special someone are desperate for ways to get out and about with friends.

Regardless of your relationship status, I think we can all agree that a successful Valentine’s Day, no matter who you spend it with, involves unique, fun, and budget friendly activities.

If you’re clueless on how to spend the upcoming holiday, check out the list below for some inspiration.

Spend the day baking together

Whether you are a novice or the next Betty Crocker, a baking day is an easy, inexpensive and fun way to spend time with those you care about. Have each person choose one or two of his or her favorite Valentine’s Day themed treats and attempt to recreate them.

No matter how well you replicate the recipes, when you’re all done you’ll have lots of yummy sweets to enjoy.

Go Ice Skating

It doesn’t matter if you are a beginner or a seasoned pro. Ice skating is a great activity to try this V-day. Couples will find a romantic evening on the ice. A group of friends can also have a blast watching each other slip, slide and (probably) fall.

The best part, it’s totally affordable. Most places offer admission and skate rental for around $10 a person, making it completely budget-friendly.

Plan a movie marathon

When it comes to date nights, dinner and a movie can be predictable. To spice things up, plan a movie marathon instead.

Pick a theme (“Harry Potter,” 80’s classics, Disney, etc.) and plan to binge watch your favorites together.

All you’ll need to complete the night are lots of comfy blankets and tons of tasty snacks.

Plus, who doesn’t love the opportunity for some cuddle time?

View Comments (1)