Hubbell Trouble: Beyond the standard

Kramer is a sophomore broadcast journalism major and can be contacted at mackenzie.kramer@drake.edu.  Hamilton is a sophomore advertising major and can be contacted at hilary.hamilton@drake.edu

Neither of us has experienced the wonder that everyone says a McGriddle is. We think it sounds OK, maybe even good. However, we’ve all seen Big Daddy and know that McDonald’s stops serving breakfast after 10 a.m. whereas Hubbell keeps it rockin’ all the way ‘til one 1 p.m. Ladies and gents, we give you the McPanini.

After looking on the McGriddle Wikipedia page, we found out that a standard McGriddle “consists of bacon, egg, American cheese served on a small pancake made with maple flavoring.”  We knew we could do it better, so we changed almost everything except for the eggs and syrup.

First, grab a plate of eggs, sausage, potatoes and French toast. Slice the sausage lengthwise and layer it on a piece of French toast. Layer on your eggs and potatoes, but keep it in reason so your sandwich doesn’t fall apart. Drizzle some syrup in the middle to make it all stick together and top it off with another piece of French toast. Put it on the Panini grill for about two minutes, or until you get the nice pretty grill marks.

Sidenote: does anyone really “Panini” a sandwich for a reason other than the cool marks?

Anyway, finish your sandwich off with more syrupy goodness.

Now that you’ve experienced the best thing of your life, wash your sticky hands and share the word with your friends and your enemies. It’s that good.

Hasta La Vista, Baby,

Hubbell Trouble