Bulldogs bounce back at John Dallio Memorial

After two rounds of play at the John Dallio Memorial in Lemont, Ill., the Bulldogs are on pace for their best finish of the fall season thanks to their furious rally on Saturday.

Sophomore Connor Steele, redshirt freshman Devin Leland and freshman Dane Worley turned in scores of 73, 74 and 75, respectively, to lead Drake to its second lowest team round of the season (299).

On Friday, the Bulldogs had turned in a score of 307 to end the day tied for ninth. But after their performance on Saturday, Drake is hoping to bring home a top five finish. The Bulldogs snuck back into fifth after Saturday.

“I felt we played pretty well as a team, and it was nice to have improvement and get in the mix,” head coach Matt Lewis said in a Drake Athletics press release. “I like our position and hope for a good round tomorrow.”

After two rounds, Leland leads the Bulldogs with an overall score of 150, and he is tied for 17th overall.

The Bulldogs closed out the tournament yesterday at the Ruffled Feathers Golf Course. Final results will be available in the next edition of The Times-Delphic.

Drake’s Top Five Finishers (through Saturday)

T-17th: Redshirt Freshman David Leland (150)
T-30th: Sophomore Connor Steele (152)
T-32th: Freshman Blake Huser (153)
T-45th: Freshman Dane Worley (155)
50th: Junior Ben Lyons (157)