Column by Carly Grenfell
Grenfell is a junior public relations and management double major and can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
I decided I’m going to take today’s article in a different direction other than basketball. How many avid Twitter users do we have out there? Plenty, I would think! For those of you who do not know me, I’m pretty big on tweeting. It’s the perfect outlet. Whether it’s for basketball, inside jokes, poking fun at random people or analyzing goofy situations — I’m all about keeping my followers entertained. Generally, if I follow you, it’s because you have something good or funny to say. But rule of thumb: tweet others as you would like to be tweeted. Or pray that your followers can take a joke. So, with all this in mind, I’d like to share with you the 10 best twitter handles I have seen.
10. Porterhouse (@DUPorterhouse): Our loveable, friendly mascot has people smiling for days. He’s a very interactive user who usually tweets you back if you tweet him. The pictures and captions are something you don’t want to miss.
9. Drake Athletics (@DUBulldogs): Big fan of sports? Not able to catch every game or match? Click that follow button, and you will instantly be up to date on all the latest action. Tweets vary from athletes nominated to awards, team success and live feeds of every men’s and women’s basketball game.
8. Bill Nye (@yaboybillnye): It’s likely that not everyone will think he is as hilarious as I do. It simultaneously pokes fun at science and acting like a gangster. He is a must follow in my mind!
7. LoLo Jones (@lolojones): This girl is funny! She always has a sarcastic remark when people bash her or correct the grammatical errors in her tweets. She also pokes a lot of fun at how she is still single. If you find sarcasm funny, check it out.
6. Alan Stein (@AlanStein): This guy is a professional athletic trainer that has awesome motivational input. If that’s right up your alley, he is a must-follow.
5. Uber Facts (@UberFacts): I’m telling you — your mind will be blown. You can learn a lot of useless information following Uber Facts, but interesting stuff, nonetheless. Sometimes, it’s fun to tell your best friend things like 95 billion servings of ramen noodles were served in 2011.
4. College Town Life (@CollegeTownLife): Tweets any college student in America can relate to. They often post funny (but borderline inappropriate) articles and pictures that college students have sent in. Never a dull tweet in sight.
3. Men’s/Women’s Humor (@MensHumor/@WomensHumor): This is a pretty popular Twitter handle. I find myself retweeting them a lot. Also, something most of us can relate to — must follow!
2. Raygun (@RAYGUNshirts): Their tweets consist of quoting people that say ridiculous things when they are in the store. Extremely funny!
1. Milk (@miilkkk): I have no idea who this guy is. But he cracks me up on a daily basis. Witty as ever and posts a lot. It’s guaranteed he will make you laugh!
There you have it. Check out these Top-10, and your day will surely be brighter. Not all social media is useless after all! Follow me, too, while you’re at it @C_LoGren. Stay classy, Drake University, until next time.