Carnival on Wednesday

While athletes are gearing up for the races, students will have an opportunity to attend the Relays Carnival Wednesday from 4 to 7 p.m. in Helmick Commons. There will be photo booths, cotton candy, popcorn, snow cones and inflatable games. Items such as totes and water bottles with the Relays logo on them will be given out until the novelties are gone and all food and entertainment is free.

The carnival won’t be much different than last year’s.

“We wanted to keep it pretty much the same, people seem to enjoy it,” said Cortney White, Student Activities Board Relays co-chair.

“I loved the carnival last year,” sophomore Molly Broghammer said. “The cotton candy is delicious.”

Sophomore Lindsay Dressen said she likes the additional chance to enjoy the week’s festivities.

“I like the carnival because it was another way we get to celebrate Relays all week long,” she said.

“We treat Relays as a time to kick back and hang with your friends, and the carnival is just another time to do that,” she said. “Come for the races, stay for the carnival.”

This year the event will coincide with “Relays for the Rest of Us,” an event consisting of different activities for students similar to what the Relays athletes will be participating in during the actual Relays. Relays for the Rest of Us will be at the Agora will start 30 minutes after the carnival and will end at 7 p.m.