Top 8: Reasons to Love Thanksgiving Break
1. The food. This is the obvious one. I don’t really like turkey. Or cranberry sauce. Or gravy. Or green beans, for that matter. However, when Thanksgiving comes around, I can eat my body weight in those foods. It is something about the plethora of food that makes us want to try it all.
2. No classes. I don’t know about you, but every time Thanksgiving rolls around is just about the time that I would rip my hair out if I didn’t have a break. While I am usually busy with homework the entire time, at least I am not sitting in classes all day.
3. Family time. Not everyone goes home for Thanksgiving break, but those who do typically spend time with loved ones. It is such a comforting feeling being home with those you love.
4. The people. Don’t you notice people seem to be in better moods around this time of year? I don’t know what it is, but I love how friendly we all become as we enter the holiday season.
5. Black Friday! I am one of the crazies who wakes up at 3 a.m. to be at a store at 4 a.m. to wait for the store to open at 6 a.m. I love getting the good deals on the day after Thanksgiving. That way I don’t have to worry about Christmas shopping anymore.
6. Sleeping in. Aside from Black Friday, I actually schedule sleep into my life. This is completely different from the sleeping I get during classes that only occurs as a necessity and without any input from me.
7. The home stretch. Once Thanksgiving is over, we only have 10 days of real classes before finals week. Thanksgiving break always reminds us that we only have a little way left until we can begin thinking about the coming semester.
8. The football. Okay, I hate football. That is no secret. But I think most people watch the Thanksgiving game each year, even if they don’t like the teams. I can usually get a good nap in during this game.