Type to search


Student art sale Friday

This Friday, the Visual Arts Association of Drake will be having its first student-run art sale feature art from Drake art students. The art sale will be held near Pomerantz stage in Olmsted Center from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.

This is the first student art sale that has been at Drake in years. The show will feature drawings, prints and sculptures. The art will be on a fixed price scale where everything is $5, $10, $15, $25 or $45. The profits of the sale will be divided: 95 percent of that will go back to the students and the remaining 5 percent will go to the Visual Arts Association Organization.

“Students will be pricing work at affordable prices for the Drake community,” said Lucca Wang, president of VAAD. “It is making the art accessible and affordable.”

VAAD is open to all Drake students and their main purposes are to unify the Drake arts community, to encourage professional development of emerging artists and to network with other established artists.

VAAD also has a biweekly movie event on Fridays and on alternate Fridays VAAD visits different art galleries in the Des Moines area.

Skip to content