Photo: Jackie Wallentin
Resume tips from the pros:
•Use simple, everyday language. Avoid jargon.
• Begin accomplishment statements with action verbs.
• Be specific: Give examples and emphasize achievements.
• Be positive, enthusiastic and honest. Don’t exaggerate.
• Proofread for spelling and grammar errors.
• Avoid fancy type or flashy paper.
• Use key words (nouns) that describe your education, skills and accomplishments.
• Don’t fold, staple or bind your résumé.
• Avoid italics, underlining, graphics, shading, borders, bullets, lines and reverse type.
• Consider using all capital letters for headings.
• Place your name and phone number or e-mail address at the top of each page on its own line.
• Always view your résumé or send it to yourself so you know how it looks.